Monday, February 20, 2012

Potatoe stamped pots

I bought some simple (and cheap) terracotta pots and decided to decorate them myself using home made stamps. Only thing you need to do this is a potatoe (and a sharp little knife) and a bit of paint. I used acrylic based paint and a good old Dutch potatoe. Just cut the potatoe in half, then draw the shape you like to use on the potatoe and follow that shape with a knife, cutting out the shape about a quarter inch deep. Now slice the extra pieces of potatoe away from the side. It's a good idea to take a piece of kitchen towel and press your stamp on it to make sure your stamp is as dry as possible. Now pour some paint in a dish, dip the potatoe in the paint and stamp!
It's so easy!
My "project"


The potatoe stamp I used.

No comments:

Post a Comment